Thursday, July 2, 2009

Organic Chics

I am kind of weirded out right now.
There is this girl named, April. She has a blog where she makes blog layouts and designs for other people's blog. And, she is hilarious. She is starting a new blog called 'Organic Girls'. It's all about being organic with food, clothes, and other "green" things.

I saw on her blog that she was looking for five writers to be regulars on this blog and to write a weekly article about various "Going Green" topics. I contacted her and told her that I was totally interested in being one of the writers. After I clicked 'send', I instantly regretted my decision.
I don't know anything about writing! No one cares what I have to say about organic foods! She will tell me "thanks but no thanks" and then I will feel like an idiot. Plus, we all know how I am with commitments and deadlines....
Turns out, she thought I would be perfect for the job.
So yeah, I feel kind of cool. I will write my first article within the next week or so. Once we get the new site up and going, I will post it here. I even get to have my head shot and a little cartoon Courtney on the blog. This could be bad or good.

Wish me luck I guess.

5 comments:

maggie-t said...

Whoopi! CONGRATS!! that is pretty exciting: ) I hope that your first article goes well. Do you know what you are going to write about? Maybe the importance of organically breastfeeding your babies opposed to formula. lol. j/k.

: ) Good luck!!

can't wait to read your article

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, good luck! I could never do that job. I like writing, but I get so flustered with deadlines and I hate the pressure. Not to psych you out or anything...You'll do great!

samantha said...

thats awesome! im excited for you!!!!

Cole said...

You will be fabulous, and we'll all learn together!

Rasmussen Family said...

so we moved to Seattle, WA and let me tell you, they are ALL about GOING GREEN and ORGANIC! In fact, we are the EVERGREEN state and everyone tries to live up to it. I've never been surrounded by it soo much...it will be interesting to compare this blog with the people out here