Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's so close now, I can almost taste it..

Hello family,
As I sit down to write another week of highlights, I’m trying to figure out
where this week went. Seriously, this is getting insane. I’ll try to pull
out moments of the blur.
We were able to work with the members in a new way this week. We actually
went on splits. Usually, a member just comes with us to teach. But because we
were trying to make the most of our shortened time in the field, we double
booked appointments and split up
with members to teach. It was a great
experience for member and missionary. I just love seeing the members grow and
become more bold and powerful in their teaching. Will McSweeney came out with
us several times in fact (not on splits, but team-ups). I have never seen
someone grasp onto the Gospel so quickly and just start running with it! He
has been studying, and I mean studying, the Gospel. He has also started to
read out of Preach My Gospel. I’m just so impressed with him; he is
certainly one of the Lord’s elect. I’ve been talking to him about serving
a mission. He would make an incredible missionary; he’s got a passion for
the Gospel and has already been telling co-workers and family about it.
Members are really taking off with their own missionary work. We started
teaching a couple of their friends this week. One member actually set her own
goal to have one of her friends baptized! I’m
so grateful to have served in
Winter Quarters this long and see the work progress from zero to hero! I’ve
found that when we truly have faith in the Lord and His work, then we enable
the miracles to occur. The Lord wants them to happen everywhere, but He is
limited by our faith. If I’ve learned anything serving a mission, it’s the
power of faith and to not limit the Lord. All things are truly possible!
The mission broke records this last week with the Mission of Excellence! We
are seeing all new heights here. Our Zone only missed the Zone of Excellence
by a few at church. The goal is within reach now, we can smell it, and we’re
going for it again this week. I’m determined to show the Lord my faith by
busting my gut until we achieve it!
I love this work!
Love, Sister Henson

p.s. Sorry this is a short email, limited time and a blurred memory of the week
add up to, well, apparently not much
;)

0 comments: