Sunday, April 10, 2011

so

I don't answer doors. Especially my own front door. Ideally, I would prefer a call in advance to warn me that someone will be knocking on my door. It's always better for both parties if I get a chance to mentally and emotionally prepare.


Do you invite them in or let them stand on your porch?

It would be the polite thing to let them in but what if they are only planning on staying for a second and they feel bad saying no so they come in and sit down. Then they feel pressure to stay longer and we both end up hating me.

I'll never catch on.


Today I was laying on the couch which is right under the window that faces the front of our house. You can always see who is coming to the door before they knock. I saw a lady walk past the window and then she knocked. I muted the TV and played dead.

But wait, here comes Tyler, crap!

I ran into the room and this is what I witness with my own ears:


(Tyler opens door to a lady selling coupons)


Lady: You look like a guy who loves steak!

Tyler: um...actually we're vegetarians.

Lady:...oh...really?...well these Steers were vegetarians before they were slaughtered!

Tyler: Looks like they had the right idea.

Lady: yea...ok bye!


I am still trying to figure out what she meant by that.

Was that her fantasic selling strategy or was she just grasping at straws at that point?

Weirest person.

4 comments:

Megs said...

I want to know what she meant by Ty looking like a guy who loved steak... do meat eaters have a "look"?

samantha said...

Maybe you should tell tyler not to answer the door with giant steaks hanging out of his mouth...

The Kessler's said...

Sam hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jodi said...

I will never ever answer the door unless I know someone is coming over. I'm afraid it will be a murderer. Because all murderers are polite and knock first.

Come to Tucson. We have a couch and food. What more could you need? Also Rick misses Tyler but he won't admit that out loud.