Saturday, April 9, 2011

Couldn't have said it better

My hands shake as my words slur,

But it’s not what you think.

I trip and I sway,

Though I haven’t had a drink.


I could fall at any moment.

And this never leaves my mind

But I’m trying hard to manage

As I’m on this MS ride.


My legs look normal But feel like rubber.

My arms look strong enough,

But melt like butter.

I have slept for hours,

But my eyes still droop.

I want to walk straight,

But my head loop-de-loops.


You think I’m paying attention,

But my mind has wandered away.


I want to speak clearly,

But I’m stuttering today.

I try to read your email,

But I am seeing double.


I want to come with you,

But walking gives me trouble.


I may need your patience

And your compassion too.

But never your pity

For all I have to do.


I need you to be kind.

And try to understand.

I’m living a new life

Doing the best that I can.


I am making an effort

To be someone who

Is making a difference

In my own life too.


Give me a chance

Be on my side

I am still me

Even with all the drama inside.


My body has changed

But my heart is the same.

I still have a beautiful life

Even when playing the MS game.


The thing I need the most

As you try to understand

Is the comfort and confidence

That I still have my friend


By Tammy Malkowski

0 comments: