Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thoughts on a subject I know zero about

I think people have a natural tendency to want to touch each other. Bear hugging your mechanic or cuddling with your fellow Macey's shoppers might be a bit awkward; but for the most part, physical touch makes you feel good.
I think when women are pregnant, it gives people an excuse to touch. Like the baby invites family members, strangers and friends to connect.
Most of the current or past pregnant women I know have mentioned or complained about people feeling justified to rub their bellies in any social setting. They feel it is an invasion of privacy. I see their point but I don't think I will mind it.
Humans like to connect and touching is a simple and effective way of doing it. I think if people want to rub my stomach, I will happily let them because to me, that means they want to connect with me. That makes me happy.

5 comments:

tash said...

I like your philosophy, I never minded it either.

Jodi said...

pretty good...never thought about it that way but I never minded it either. Now they rub my belly like a budda for good luck...(i think that's why they do it anyway)

samantha said...

I loved people touching my belly. It made me feel special and like they were sharing the special bond i had already with my baby.

Tawny said...

No one EVER touched my belly and it pissed me off! cause i mean, you really expect it cause everyone's like "ew everyone's going to touch your belly". NOPE. It made me feel like i was like too huge and big, like a big whale so no one wants to touch that. Just the small little cute belly's. grrr. stupid skinny pregnant people!! one time someone touched my belly and i loved it. it made me feel slightly more attractive...:)

Chelsea Lynn said...

Well You might mind it when you have the pooch thats not baby, so people are just rubbing your chub. We need to do lunch! haha ;)