Monday, June 15, 2009

Hate Me

I know this is going to send a shock wave through the land but...


I am getting a perm. Tomorrow.


I know I know... It's outdated and may be a little distasteful.


What can I say, I love curly hair and I want it.


I mean it's just so cute and easy. Plus when your out swimming, your hair always looks good. My sad, stick straight hair just flops around like wilted salad.


So yea..


My lovely mother in law is doing it for me. I hope she isn't too embarrassed for me. She gave me one like 3 years ago and it looked awesome so I know what I'm getting into.

Maybe she regrets giving me my first one..?


I promise it will not look like this






Please forgive me, I'm just a sucker for big hair

9 comments:

Ali said...

I would not judge you, i envy you. I want a perm so badly, but i want it to be short and curly... more of a fro. I haven't been daring enough just yet. One day... Yours will look great.

Courtney J said...

haha that would be amazing. Please do it.

samantha said...

hahahaha wilted salad! thats funny! i think your hair will be so cute permed!!!!

Hannah S said...

go you! I should have given you my braid after I chopped off 10 inches (curled). lol. Wouldn't that be kind of gross? But I donated it to a good cause.

No, it's not bad to think you'll be like a cow once you have a baby. I always planned on nursing for one year only (for several reasons.....1-my mom did, 2--I'm too cheap to buy formula, 3--I really do believe it's healthier) BUT it was sort of weird at first and then I got over it.
Although, this is sort of funny, I was taking a little nap on the couch while the kids were watching a movie and I woke up to Jocelyn sucking on my shirt, in that spot, yes, she was trying to nurse. Of course, I freaked out (inside, so as not to encourage her behavior, bcse she does everything I dont' want her to) and pushed her away. She had seen Jennie feeding her baby earlier that day. lol. Not to deter you from staying organic, but don't most like to nurse?

Hope to see pics of the new do, or see you at Rose's wedding luncheon.

Anonymous said...

Wait, wait, wait. I just saw you today. Did you chicken out? If yours turns out well, I might get mine done. I don't think I've seen a successful perm before, but I want curly hair, too. My husband would love it.

Courtney J said...

I wrote this yesterday afternoon and I am getting it done tonight. I will have pics!

The Springers said...

Your SO brave!! It will be cute:)

Chelsea Lynn said...

Hahahahahaha you and your perms...can you please perm your bangs? haha and ummm you need to text me por favor. ;)

Steffen'effer said...

hahahahaha I'd love it if when I saw you next you looked just like that picture...I'd take you everywhere with me.