Friday, December 12, 2008

Probation

When I was 16, I was put on house arrest. Why I did has nothing to do with my story so I will omit this bit of info. While on house arrest, I would have to call my parole officer when I was leaving to school to tell him I was leaving. I would have to call again once I got home to tell him I was home and if I went anywhere else throughout the day, I would have to call and check in. I was aslo not allowed to leave the house without my mom or dad with me.
I am now 22 and for the past 6 months have been on another round of probation. This probation is nothing like my probation I was on when I was 16.
I work at Slate Canyon Youth Center, or 'DT' as the street folk call it. Once you start working here you have to go through a 6 month probation period which means, if they don't like, they can get rid of you. Oh the anticipation.
I am still working and am happy to announce that I have served my time honorably. Which means, I can be guilt free when I schedule in my 5 hours of daily slack off time.
Life is good.

5 comments:

Ana Steinagel said...

Congrats? JK. I remember when you were on probation. I thought you were joking at the time. Hehe. Anyway... none of your co-workers or your boss see your blog do they?

Courtney J said...

hahahaahaha no. I have made sure of that.

Jodi said...

:Oh the good ole' days...how I remember them well (sigh)

maggie-t said...

haha! I really want to hear the probation story. Congrats on being off probation at work!

Lizzie. said...

Um, You can't do that to me! I know that it's not part of the story but why were you on probation when you were sixteen??? You opened a can of worms now share ;)