Friday, December 18, 2009

$%#*@*$**@#$&*#*$@!

Just found out that we will not be in our new house until AFTER Christmas. All along we were told that there was 99.9% chance that we would be in at least a day before Christmas. The seller is a bit clueless and has been making this process A LOT more complicated than needs be. Us, our agent and the seller's agent have been doing everything we can to accommodate her and her "situation". I'm sick of accommodating. I'm sick of feeling unsettled, uneasy, living out of boxes and worst of all, having no Christmas tree.
It doesn't feel like Christmas without a tree.
I know I am complaining but I don't care. I am angry and upset. Our new closing date is December 30th. Only an 8 day difference, no big deal. Oh, but it is cause that's the weekend that my sister is getting married. How can I move everything into our house, clean and paint AND be there to help my sister like she deserves? I know in the end, things will be fine but right now, I am mad.
I plan things. I envision how things will go and how long they will take. All those mental plans have been royally screwed. Oh and of course since I was so giddy and impatient, I already planned this whole New Year's Eve party. I even made an event and invited everyone on Facebook. I even had a few RSVPs. So much for that. If you were planning on coming. Make new plans...unless you still want to come and help paint. I will provide free bandannas for your hair.
Screw it. I'm getting a tree tonight. And I'm keeping it up until April.

4 comments:

Ana said...

You go girl.

Anonymous said...

Eight days days IS a big deal, even if it wasn't for your sister's wedding. This is a very exciting thing for you and you shouldn't have to wait even longer!

tawny said...

grrr.

The Springers said...

It is so freaking stressful! But it will be worth it. We have been working on getting our house since March and we just got it last month.. And have completly remodled the whole thing in a month..stressful! Good luck! I know what you mean about a christmas tree and living out of boxes. I am never moving again!