Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Just found out...

Went to the dentist for the first time in 3 years. I really, really, really hate shots and mouth pain.

Went to Dr. David Lee. Shattered all of my dentist fears. Loved every minute of my trip..except for the part when I learned that I have an abscessed tooth. Not only that, it's been that way for YEARS. What makes it even better is that it's a tooth that I have already had root canal on. How this happens I don't know. But it did and it bites. So I need to start the antibiotics today and I have an appt with the Oral Surgeon on Friday to schedule my surgery. I did not see this coming. Shouldn't I get at least six months to prep for this kind of thing? What if I die during surgery? It's happened before.

Oh and I have to get my Wisdom Teeth pulled. All four. November 6th. I think I am too old for this.

Cool.

So by Thanksgiving, I will be half the woman I am now.

Oh.

I also have cavities. You know when the dentist sticks that pokey tool into your teeth to see if you have a cavity? I really hate that.

5 comments:

Tawny said...

good girl. :)

Ali said...

i HATE when they poke the insides of your teeth to check for cavities. i cringe every time.

The Kessler's said...

Comment shomment.

Cait said...

I am scared of going to the dentist - Tyler has probably filled you in on the horror stories of our dentist growing up - if not ask him. I am sure I have some serious work to be done, you have given me the motivation. Go Courtney!

Chelsea Lynn said...

I just went to the dentist a couple weeks ago, it had been atleast 2 years! I had 3 cavities.. ahhh it sucks, but i feel so much better, good luck! ;)