Thursday, May 12, 2011

Original Scent

We heard babies heartbeat today.
Kind of heavy.

My nurse/midwife sent me to get an ultrasound to make sure the babe was growing OK. You know, MS has been known to eff things up in the past.

She told me that I need to drink 32 oz. of water an hour before the ultrasound so my bladder would push my uterus closer to the surface.
I was trying really hard to cry and act really sentimental but all I could think about was peeing in my purse.
It didn't help that the tech was smashing the wand thing into my stomach.
Actually, I don't blame her. This sounds like the best joke and best job.
To be there while a couple is sharing a monumental moment and to see these desperate pregnant women trying really hard not to pee the whole time.

Genius job.

December 18th is my due date but only 5% of babies actually come on their due date so I'm not even believing this.
I'll let baby decide.

A lot of my graveyard shifts constist of me viewing dance videos on YouTube. I prefer watching the dances from America's Best Dance Crew. These videos always make me happy and get my pumped up. I don't what it is but, watching these videos always make me feel like I can dance that well. They make it look so seamless.

Every once in a while, I try a few of these moves but I just hurt myself instead.
Then I look around to make sure that the kids in their cells aren't watching me.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

jabbawockeez are my fav

Jodi said...

Also, I had to get an ultrasound once cause I have an ovarian cyst but we didn't know it at the time and they were trying to figure out what was up and I had to drink the water and then I went to my appointment and they were behind, so I waited for like 30 minutes then the lady was doing her thing but they weren't looking for a baby they were looking for whatever was wrong with me, so that took forever, and then she's not allowed to tell me anything we had to wait for the doctor and all I wanted to do was pee. And then he came in and was like "well, I have some bad news" and I was like "I do not give an eff all I want to do right now is pee and if you do not tell me where the bathroom is I will seriously pee all over your floor" and then he was like "oh, you've been waiting to pee? You could have gone to the bathroom right when you finished with the ultrasound" and then he showed me this HIDDEN bathroom that was like in the room we were in but I didn't even know it. And I totally flipped him off but just in my head, not for reals, my mom would have been pissed.

samantha said...

hahaha i hated that first ultrasound!!!! i had one with my first pregnancy, i had to pee so bad and they pushed so hard and took even longer cause things were wrong. it was torture!! haha dont worry the next ones you have during your pregnancy you dont have to do that again. i thought i had too when i was finding out what nico was and i told the nurse and she laughed and told me i could go to the b room.

Chelsea Lynn said...

Wait til you have to drink the gross orange sugar drink to check your blood sugar level.. I went in and they informed me that I had to do the test, so i sat there drinking this disgusting drink, almost to the end when the nurse comes over and tells me oops, we dont have to do that for another couple weeks.. so my lucky butt got to drink it twice. yum. not. haha

The Kessler's said...

I never had to drink any water for my ultrasound, but I most difinitely tried to cry. Good mom's cry at sentimental moments. You better cry when he/she is born or everyone will judge you.

Jodi said...

I have a video clip of you dancing at lou's bday party if ;you'd like me to share it :) almost just like the dancers on youtube

The Springers said...

You make me laugh! Congrats on the baby:)