Thursday, September 18, 2008

Job Interview

Tyler has a job interview today where I work. Slate Canyon Youth Center. It's a detention center for the troubled youth of our state. He is interviewing with a man I know to be one of the funniest men I have ever met in my life. Let's call him, Alan. I told Tyler that he needs to be preparing some good jokes to impress this man. It's also an ongoing joke that I treat Tyler like my child and whenever he has a problem at school, I pretend like I'm going to go down to the school and talk to the teachers myself. Who wears the pants in the relationship?

Today morning 7:50 a.m. Tyler driving me to work...


Ty: I should wear just a little bit of make-up tomorrow for the interview

Me: HA HA HA! Yea, a little lip gloss for that little bit of shine...

Ty: ha ha Some nice eye shadow and a little liner..

Me: A little blush on the apples of your cheeks for that much needed color...

Ty: No. That's too obvious

Me: Oh. Ok.



Later Today 11 a.m. -Me and Ty texting

Ty: I should show up to the interview with a hypodermic needle sticking out of my pocket.

Me: HA HA HA HA!!

Ty: Then I'll just spend the rest of interview apologizing for bringing the needle.

Me: haha Before you go into the interview you need to ask them if I can come in with you cause your really shy.

Ty: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA and I'll whisper everything I want to say to them into your ear HAHA!

Me: HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!

Ty: I should ask Alan before the interview if we can say a prayer to comfort me. (Blasphemes??)

Me: HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! All of this with your make-up on.

Ty: HAHAHAHAHHAHA I forgot about my make-up! HAHAHHAHAHAHA

Me: You should bring Toben(our Yorkie) with you too.

Ty: And pretend the interview is for him.

Me: Try to convince them that he loves working with troubled youth.

Ty: I can't breathe! I'm laughing out loud! (He's in class)

Me: I know! I'm trying so hard to hold it in!!! HAHAHAHA

Ty: Married Laughing!!

Me: I can't tell anyone else about this conversation cause no one else will get our jokes.

Ty: HAHAHAHHAHA You should put this whole conversation on the blog.

Me: I totally will!


3 comments:

Mary said...

I got it. Or at least some of it. Or at least I think I did. I liked it.

maggie-t said...

You guys are SO funny! You really should put makeup on Tyler and then post the pic.'s on your blog!

Ana Steinagel said...

I can picture the whole thing. We really miss you guys. Good luck with the interview!