Monday, June 13, 2011

Something smells fishy.

I am officially into my second trimester. It's still weird that I, me, Courtney am talking about being pregnant. It feels so foreign and slightly creepy. I don't feel pregnant. Besides my daily emotional outbursts over Tyler not letting me quit school and work, things are pretty normal around here.

I promise you there is a a rule somewhere that says once you get knocked up, you're only obligation is to grow a human. Some people have clearly missed that memo. I'm not giving up. I'd much rather be bored by my own choice.

A kid at school asked me if he could punch my baby and then I asked him if I could punch his face. It got a laugh but I still wonder about that boy. Already people are trying to get all up in my stomach business and touch it. I keep telling them it's still just my fat but they refuse to believe me. Annoying.

If we want, we can find out if we're having a boy or girl at 15-16 weeks. There is a guy in our ward who does ultrasounds and he gives all the pregnant women free ones. What a treat. He has only been wrong once but maybe he's only done 12 ultrasounds in his career thus far.

This means we can find out in like 2 weeks. I wanted a boy for a month or so but then my mom gave me a giant box full of baby girl clothes she got from a gal at work and now I'll be mad if it's not a girl. I'm allowed to say that because I'll only be mad until the boy is born. Then I'll be forced to love him regardless.

My mom, dad, brothers, sister and BIL gave Tyler tile for his birthday this year. They changed out our yellow, 50's style linoleum flooring for new, CLEAN tile in the kitchen. It was a marathon of work for these poor people. I have a feeling they all slightly resent us for not being able to help. I would say we helped a lot. We kept moral up with Diet Mountain Dew and Havarti cheese.

I have to remind myself that I don't need to tip-toe through caked on dirt the kitchen anymore.
My mom said that she totally over helping us MSers and back injury folks with yard work and household repairs. It's all for the baby now. I have a feeling I won't be the center of attention once this thing is born. I am not liking where this is going already.
Time to step my jokes.

4 comments:

samantha said...

HAHAHA enjoy the belly rubbing cute prego mama attention while it lasts!!! As soon as baby is born you are just the background person that gets the baby after they throw up or poop. Even your jokes cant compete with a baby yawning, smiling, or even just sleeping.
I forgot to tell you about this website i loved while i was pregnant www.i-am-pregnant.com its like a myspace for pregnant women and you are grouped with people with your same due date and you can like post questions, say whats going on with your pregnancy and see what is going on with other ladies so you have a better idea what is "normal." DO IT.

Jodi said...

sad but true how one moment you "in" and one moment you are "out"
The baby is "IN" :)

Megs said...

I only do nice things so you can't yell at me when I take your baby. But until that baby has a gender, it means nothing to me.

Jodi said...

Update your blog more so I know you're alive.