Friday, September 25, 2009

Beef Bourguinogngngngn

Saw Julie & Julia twice.
Would have loved it %100 if not for the continuous smacking. Food smacking. Kiss smacking. Dry mouth talk smacking. Oh and we can't forget about the happy gum smacker sitting next to me. So yea, only loved it 97%. Why I loved it? Food. duh. If I was good at cooking, I would have totally gone home and cooked until my eyes fell out. But since I'm not good. I only made peanut butter cookies. But I forgot to do the fork thing on the top of them so it wasn't the same. But really? How hard can cooking be? A little butter here, a whisk or two there. I feel inspired to be good at making food. I want people to eat what I make and cry tears of elated joy. This brings me to my point. I need the tools to be the one to make everyone sob. We don't even have a mixer. So from this point on, all of my extra money will go towards cooking goods. No, that last sentence was a lie.
I don't want to be one of those cooks that when they receive a compliment about their food they brush it off like it was as simple as getting out of bed. "Oh this dish?" "It was just a little bit of Julia Roberts hair and some mermaid scales." Which, in turn, just makes you feel like an idiot. Like any self respecting human should know how to make it. I want to be dramatic and make everyone feel bad for making me slave all week in the kitchen and yet so grateful that they were alive so they could be invited to the heavenly occasion. I think I like baking better which is unfortunate because baking is like science. I don't do science. You have to time things.
Oh and measure things.

I don't do fractions either.

2 comments:

Chelsea Lynn said...

hahahaha.. we watch food network all day at work, and everyday i just want to cook this awesome meals! I get pissed becuase they never measure or do anything, they just toss and mix and tada! I too wish I could cook and be soo amazing at it. I learn one thing and it takes me 10 hours, then im pissed.

Ana Steinagel said...

Remember how I'm an amazing cook. The best cupcakes in the world. ;)