Thursday, November 6, 2008

Time to vent

For the month of November, I have noticed people writing things that they are grateful for, I have decided to take a different approach to this gratitude thing. I am going to write things that really really bother me. Yeah, I am going to complain. Don't take me wrong, I have a million things that I am grateful for but I don't think everyone wants to sit here and read how much I love my life. Aren't pictures enough?

First things first:

1-People who celebrate 6 month anniversaries. No such thing. It's ANNIVERSARY. Not Bi-versary, not quad-versary. ANNIversary. That's once a year for those who can't do the math. One time folks. No wonder this world is so afraid of generation X taking over. Were going to be having 4 Christmas' a year!..actually not a bad idea, I'll have to write that one down.

2-Happy chewers. Have you noticed people chewing gum that start to laugh or even smile, all of a sudden becomes the world's fastest and loudest chewer? It's like they lost their lips,or they just remembered that they have 5 chins and need to work their jaw out really fast before anyone notices, or they are having a good old fashioned chewing contest with a camel. I urge everyone, next time you find yourself in the middle of a laugh with that Juicy Fruit in your mouth, stop and listen to yourself. If you are guilty. Please, please don't ever do it again.

3-This one isn't so much a complaint as it is a frustration.
So there is a lady in the kitchen where I work that just found out I'm a vegetarian. I try to go as long as I can once I meet someone not to disclose this info. Once that information is in their cute little brain, I turn into a 5 year old when I'm out eating with them. They will look at the menu and show me all of things that I can eat. You would think after this long I would be able to tell. Guess not. Back to the lunch lady. She now takes it upon herself to make me a veggie Pattie everyday for lunch. Bless her heart, it is so nice of her to be taking time to do this. But a person can only eat so many veggie patties. I guess her thinking is that since I don't eat meat, I must love veggie burgers. It's been about two weeks now and I still haven't told her that I don't want to LOOK at another veg Pattie as long as I live be of her generousity. I used to look forward to that time of day where I would have my pick of every side dish imaginable. Now it's like I'm walking into a soy filled hell. yes, it's that bad. What's worse, is that she spells my name wrong. Some days I'm Cortney, other days I'm Kourtny. Today I didn't look to see who I was. I left the tin foiled Pattie on the counter as a sign of my food independence. Me? Passive aggressive?

2 comments:

Ana Steinagel said...

I love reading your blogs because I seriously Laugh Out Loud. I'm not joking. It has your personality ALL over it and it makes me smile.I love you.

maggie-t said...

i had no idea you were a vegetarian. haha. you really don't tell people that very often, do you? I loved the post. you are so funny!